IT IS TIME TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP!
Dear NNABA Member:
Please renew your National Native American Bar Association (NNABA) membership for 2016. And, if you are not a member, please join today.
The current NNABA membership year will end in April 2016.
Below are 2 easy ways to get started:
- To join or renew online, go to http://www.nativeamericanbar.org/memberships/
- To download the application to complete and send by mail, go to http://www.nativeamericanbar.org/memberships/
Join and Support NNABA. To join and/or support NNABA, or to learn more, go to www.nativeamericanbar.org.
NNABA Membership Benefits.
- The National Voice of the Native American Legal Community. NNABA advocates on issues that have an impact on the Native American legal community and tribal communities.
- Advocacy Efforts. We are the nationís leading advocate for Native American legal professionals and are committed to advancing the interests of the over 2600 Native American attorneys in the United States. NNABA coordinates and supports important nationwide policy initiatives such as supporting tribal courts and justice systems, supporting the Indian Child Welfare Act against litigious attacks, supporting the inclusion of Indian Law on Bar Exams, and supporting the discontinuance of racist and stereotypical depictions of Native Americans in American Sports. NNABA files amicus briefs including in Pro Football, Inc. v. Blackhorse. NNABA advocates on Capitol Hill, takes positions, and monitors current legal issues.
- Promoting Native Americans in the Judiciary and Other Appointments. NNABAís Judiciary Committee promotes and supports Native Americans for judicial positions and other appointments. NNABA joined national sister bars and sent a joint letter strongly urging the Senate to uphold its Constitutional duty by holding a fair hearing and timely vote on any Supreme Court nominee to ensure the effective operation of our judicial system.
- Professional and Business Development. NNABA offers multiple programs and initiatives that provide professional development training, business development opportunities such as weekly job postings, and leadership skills such as the Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy, mentoring for junior lawyers and law students, and networking opportunities.
- Publications. NNABA offers members various publications to keep members up-to-date on legislation affecting Indian law, member accomplishments and accolades, regional activities, upcoming events, and career opportunities. NNABAís publications include weekly job announcements, regular e-newsletters, research publications, and other articles by the NNABA Board.
NNABA will hold its annual meeting on April 6, 2016. NNABA and our chapters also sponsor and cosponsor events throughout the year.
Donít forget to Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on current events and court decisions!
If you have any questions about the NNABA membership process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to continuing to serve you in 2016!
NNABA President, 2015-2016
For more information visit www.nativeamericanbar.org.